Viewing Party Tips for the Award-Winning Host
Feb 24, 2015 12:41PM ● Published by Brian O
Set the stage for an exciting evening with family and friends by hosting your very own awards show viewing party.
From glittering decor to delicious noshes, you’ll want to have an acceptance speech ready as guests thank you during closing credits.
Receive a standing ovation in the “attention to detail” category from your A-list guests with these five tips for awards show viewing parties:
- Set the Stage: When designing your at-home viewing party set, choose trophy-gold plates, popcorn holders, napkins, cups, straws and other party accessories.
- Create a Star Entrance: Place a red carpet, rug or long piece of red fabric against a blank white wall near the entrance to simulate a red carpet “step and repeat” paparazzi photo zone.
- Please Be Seated in Theater Style: Provide each guest with a cardboard tray to carry food and beverages to the seating area.
- Serve Popcorn with Flair: Add zest to popcorn by using real butter mixed with herbs or sprinkle grated Dry Jack cheese on top for a burst of flavor.
- Premiere a Themed Concession Stand: Feature nominated film-themed appetizers using these simple recipes. Soothe your guests’ “wild” souls with the Wild Wild West Dip, give a nod to the “winged super hero” in everyone with Super Chicken Chilaquiles, or satisfy “childhood” cravings of both the young and the young-at-heart with Bacon Oaxaca Mini Grilled Cheeses.
For these and other easy recipes to add flavor to your star-studded event, visit www.realcaliforniamilk.com.
Wild Wild West Dip
- 1 (8-ounce) package light Real California cream cheese, softened
- 1 (1-ounce) packet dry ranch dip mix
- 1/2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 (16-ounce) container Real California sour cream (reduced fat is optional)
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can corn, drained well
- 1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1/2 cup Real California Cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- In medium-sized mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, ranch mix and taco seasoning until smooth.
- Add in sour cream and beat to combine.
- With spoon, fold in corn, black beans, cheese and green onions.
- Eat right away with chips, or refrigerate to let flavors blend together.
Bacon Oaxaca Mini Grilled Cheeses
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Real California Oaxaca cheese
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 30 thin whole grain crackers
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- In mixing bowl, combine shredded Oaxaca cheese, bacon bits and honey mustard.
- Lay crackers on baking sheet. Top each cracker with 1 tablespoon of cheese mixture. Top with optional cherry tomato half.
- Place in oven for 5-10 minutes or until cheese melts. Top with cracker.
- Serve warm.
Super Chicken Chilaquiles
- Cooking spray
- 1 bag of tortilla chips
- 3 cups green salsa, preferably homemade
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded Real California Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 4 tablespoons Real California sour cream for topping (optional)
- Coat 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In very large mixing bowl, combine chips, salsa, chicken and 1 cup cheese.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish and top with remaining 1 cup cheese and chives.
- Cover with foil and bake until cheese is melted and mixture is heated through, about 20-30 minutes.
- Top with sour cream before serving.